Privacy Information Notice
You are submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR) in order to receive copies of the information Ashlea Medical Practice holds about you.
Please find enclosed all relevant information.
To comply with Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation, we are obliged to advise you of the following:
1. The purposes of the processing:
Your data is collected for the purpose of providing direct patient care. In addition, the practice contributes to national clinical audits and will send information such as demographic data, i.e. date of birth and coded information about your health, to NHS Digital.
2. The categories of data concerned:
We process your personal and health data in accordance with Article 9 of the GDPR.
3. The recipients or categories of recipients:
Your data has been shared with Ashlea Medical Centre to enable the provision of healthcare.
4. How long your information will be retained:
Records are retained in accordance with the NHS retention schedule; GP records are retained for a period of 10 years following the death of a patient.
5. The right to rectification or erasure of personal data:
Should you find any inaccuracies with the data we hold, please advise us of the inaccuracies and we will discuss with you how to rectify these.
6. The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority:
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with any element of our data-processing methods, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. For further details, visit the ICO website: ico.org.uk.
7. How we obtained any of the data we hold about you:
Data is obtained from local NHS Hospital Trusts and health care organisations following the direct health care treatment you are provided by the care provider.
8. Any automated processing activities: This is not applicable for your data.
Should you have any questions relating to the information provided in this letter or about the copies of information we have provided, please contact Gilbert House 01372 276385 or Linden House reception on 01372 375666.